Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Pinterest In The Classroom

1.What did you learn from the PINTEREST activity?  

I use Pinterest for everything! It is by far my favorite form of social media! I have already been implementing a lot of the stuff I have found on Pinterest in my classroom, so this project was fun to be able to share the ideas and success, and failures, I have had! I have also learned that just because an activity looks GREAT in pictures, does NOT mean it will be successful in your classroom! Modifying and adjusting to suit your students needs is a must for most activities!

2.How do you believe you will utilize PINTEREST as a teacher?  

Currently, I use Pinterest for everything with my teaching. I have found many great websites linked to Pinterest that I have used, that also have great references linked to them. If I find a great activity or idea, I adjust it to fit my students learning needs, and implement it in my classroom, making adjustments when needed.

3.What are the strengths of PINTEREST?

Pinterest is great for a lot of different things. It is a great place to find useful resources and use the activities as a tool for the classroom. It helps to spark creativity as a teacher, allowing you to also post your ideas.

4.What are some of the challenges of PINTEREST?

Some challenges of Pinterest that I have seen have been great websites and ideas that get deleted. Also, there are some places, when you are trying to access it in the schools for ideas, some schools have it blocked so you cannot open it online or on your phone. Also, Pinterest does not have everything, so when trying to find something specific to my content area, everything that is listed when "searching" may not be applicable to what I am looking for.

5.What comments, questions, thoughts, opinions, and/or feedback do you have about PINTEREST?

I really love the idea of having secret boards. On the secret boards, I add information that I have used, with examples of my students' work, so I have it online as a resource. I will continue to use Pinterest for all that I do, until something different (or better, if that is possible!) comes along!

No comments:

Post a Comment